- Exploration for Beginners (Courtesy of CMDR Orvidius)
- The Popular Guide to Exploration
- The Popular Guide to Mining
- Elite Dangerous Mining Tool
- Elite Dangerous Database
- Fuel Rats
- Hull Seals (Similar to Fuel Rats / Emergency Hull Repair)
- Coriolis (Ship Building)
- Neutron Star Plotter
- Galactic regions and life types
Engineering and Materials
Collecting engineering materials can get a little grindy and tedious.
This is where "high end" material farming, and clever use of the material traders comes in handy. Review these videos to learn the basics of engineering and materials gathering:
|Polonium||HIP 36601||C 1 a|
|Ruthenium||HIP 36601||C 1 d|
|Tellurium||HIP 36601||C 3 b|
|Technetium||HIP 36601||C 5 a|
|Antimony||Outotz LS-K d8-3||B 5 c|
|Yttrium||Outotz LS-K d8-3||B 5 a|
You can also use the "Bug Killer" crash site (HIP 16613 1 a), or Koli Discii site (Koli Discii C 6 a):
|Antimony, Ruthenium, Tellurium, Tungsten, Zirconium||HIP 16613||1 a|
|Antimony, Ruthenium, Tellurium, Adaptive Encryptors Capture, Atypical Encryption Archives, Cracked Industrial Firmware||Koli Discii||C 6 a|
There are a couple of good options for data materials - Jameson's crashed Cobra (HIP 12099 1 b), and the "Bug Killer" site listed in Raw Materials (HIP 16613 1 a)
|Adaptive Encryptors Capture, Atypical Encryption Archives, Cracked Industrial Firmware, Modified Consumer Hardware||HIP 12099||1 b|
|Adaptive Encryptors Capture, Atypical Encryption Archives Cracked Industrial Firmware, Antimony, Ruthenium, Tellurium||HIP 16613||1 a|
One of our "favorites" is the abandoned "Dav's Hope" Facility ( Hyades Sector DR-V c2-23 A 5 ) (Map)
chemical distillery, chemical manipulators, chemical processors, compound shielding, conductive ceramics, conductive components, conductive polymers, configurable components, electrochemical arrays, flawed focus crystals, focus crystal, heat dispertion plate, heat exchangers, heat vanes, high density composites, hybrid capacitors, mechanical components, mechanical, refined focus crystal, salvaged alloys, shield emitters, shielding sensors, worn shield emitters
Biotech Conductors, Exquisite Focus Crystals, and Modified Embedded Firmware can be obtained through "passenger" missions to Sirius Atmospherics.
You can run these missions between Robigo and Sothis, or Sothis and Ceos.
Guardian FSD Booster
The Guardian FSD Booster is a valuable module for any explorer.
Installing the Guardian FSD Booster on a ship can provide up to a 10ly boost in jump range and most CMDR's obtain the necessary materials to unlock the Guardian FSD Booster in a few hours.
To start with you'll want to equip 1-2 point defense modules on the TOP of your ship, and install an SRV bay with two SRV's. Also, make sure you have plenty of materials for SRV ammunnition, refeuling, and repair.
A complete list of materials needed is avalable from Inara
The map below is for the "Guardian Structure" located on Synuefe NL-N C23-4, Planet B3
This guide is "Work In Progress", and will be exanded upon in the near future. The basics are as follows:
- Obtain an Ancient Relic from a tower
- Activate (but do not power up) all six pylons
- Shoot down (and collect wreckage from) any guardian sentinels that spawn
- Shoot (and collect materials from) any "destructible panels" located around the site
- Scan obelisks with SRV data scanner (and collect data materials)
- Power up all six pylons by shooting the blue orb in the center with SRV turret
- (Quickly) defeat any remaining guardian sentinels
- Eject the Ancient Relic from the SRV onto the "socket" near the Guardian Data Terminal
- Scan (with SRV data scanner) the Guardian Data Terminal
- Farm obelisks for data materials, and shoot destrutible panels as needed for Guardian Technology Components